Storing important files on Google Drive has several advantages, one of which is that you can access these files online. But there may be times when you need those files offline but don't know how to download them. Do not worry, because how to download files on Google Drive is not as difficult as you think.
Google Drive allows you to store various types of files and folders somewhere that can be accessed online. Basic and free accounts allow you to save 15 GB of Google Drive, while you too can earn 100 GB of storage from Google with only $ 1,99 per month, or 2 TB (terabyte) with $9,99 per month.
Large capacity, fast file transfer speed, as well as the ease of storing files in Google Drive, making it the top choice for storing files on the internet. Not only that, You can also save various types of files, like music, document, video, and many other formats.
How to download files on Google Drive to a PC or laptop is also very easy to do, can even be done via your smartphone! Gini Loh | how to download files from Google Drive
How to Download on Google Drive to a Laptop or PC
You only need a few steps to download files from Google Drive to your device. Follow our guide below to download the Google Drive files you want.
- Open Google Drive on a PC or laptop, and sign in to your Google account.
- Select the file or folder you want to download, then right click on the file.
- Click the button “Download”
- The download will start after you click “Download” – there is no confirmation process, so make sure you choose the right file before downloading it from Google Drive.
- Wait for the process to complete, and the files or folders will be stored on your device.
Use an Android smartphone to download Google Drive files
If you are using an Android smartphone, how to download files on Google Drive using the same steps as for a PC or laptop.
You can use the browser installed on your Android smartphone, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, UC Browser, and other browsers. You can also use the Google Drive application available on the Playstore.
How to download files on the Google Drive Android application
Here's how to download files on the Google Drive application on an Android Smartphone:
- Just like on PC, You must be signed in to a Google Drive account.
- Select the file you want to download.
- Click the dot icon, as in the picture below
- Click “Download”
- The file will be saved when the download is complete, and can be opened via Android smartphone notification.
How to Download Google Drive Files via a browser
- Log in first to your Google Drive account
- Select and open the file you want to download
- Press options “download” which is located in the upper right corner
- Wait until the download is complete, and files will be stored on your smartphone.
So, that's how to download files on Google Drive that you can use on a PC, laptop, nor your smartphone. It's very easy to do, and of course useful when you need important files offline.
May be useful!